Apigee from Google is the leading cross-cloud API lifecycle platform that enables you to manage the complete lifecycle of your APIs in an efficient and orderly manner – whether on-premise, in the cloud, or in hybrid and multi-cloud scenarios.
Many of our customers rely on Apigee for their API management. We are therefore pleased that Google has invested massively in innovations in the last few weeks. For example, Apigee Integration was announced, an API-first approach to connecting data and applications. In addition, there was exciting news as part of Google Next ’21. And Gartner named Apigee a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management for the sixth year in a row. But first, let’s take it one step at a time.
Apigee Integration available now
Companies around the world struggle to innovate because their data and applications are isolated, disconnected and difficult to access. Apigee Integration addresses exactly this issue. Apigee Integration is a solution that helps organizations easily connect their existing data and applications and expose them as easily accessible APIs. The advantages at a glance:
- Application integration via an API-first approach
- Quickly configure integrations via an intuitive drag-and-drop interface
- Monitoring and tracking the health of integrations with built-in monitoring
- Reduce the risk associated with data connectivity challenges.
For more information on Apigee Integration find here.
Announcements at Google Next ’21
As part of the annual big event around the Google Cloud Portfolio, exciting enhancements to Apigee were announced that make it easier for enterprise developers and architects to leverage API management alongside other technologies and processes:
- Software Development Lifecycle Tools: Apigee adds features that give developers more flexibility to create, modify, test, and deploy Apigee APIs to production using their existing SDLC tools and processes. These include an extension to the Google Cloud Code Plugin for VS code, integration with GIT-based repos, and a CLI for archive bundling and deployment.
- Native Guidelines for Conversational AI Integration: To enable faster deployment of Conversational AI solutions, Apigee now provides out-of-the-box guidelines for connecting with DialogFlow. These capabilities are widely available and enable users to parse DialogFlow queries, set responses, and validate parameters captured by DialogFlow.
- Native support for managing the lifecycle of GraphQL APIs: Developers can now develop and manage the entire lifecycle of GraphQL APIs natively in Apigee, as with REST APIs. Developers can use GraphQL policy in Apigee to enforce payload constraints by specifying a maximum number of fragments, associate GraphQL with API products, use OAuth2, VerifyAPIKey, and Quota policy features as with REST, and validate and authenticate requests at the schema level.
Apigee remains Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant
For the sixth consecutive year, Apigee has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management.
You too can rely on the award-winning solution from Google for a successful leap into the API ecosystem. Talk to us without obligation – we will be happy to support you with your API initiative.